Morgan Hill, CA | Direct
- Opto-Mechanical background in optical system design and test
- Proficient with SolidWorks or other CAD is good
- Zemax, MathCAD, MATLAB, Mathematica, LabVIEW, MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of lens fabricators
- Have worked with image quality and data analysis
- Worked in the development and evaluation of optical systems requirements
- 5+ years' minimum experience in biomedical optical development including fluorescence, luminescence, microscopy and tolerance analysis.
- BS Degree in Physics in with an opto-mechanical background
- Part of a small optics team involved in all levels of product development for optics-related systems.
- Our level of work on a given project can vary from a few simple experimental tests for evaluating a new sensor to full product development, from R & D through design for manufacturing.
- Through collaboration within a multidisciplinary team, the Optical Engineer will achieve solutions to various optical design challenges.
- Participate in systems-related activities such as identifying issues, developing requirements, participating in planning meetings, and presenting weekly progress reports usually in the form of PowerPoint slides showing progress highlighting outstanding issues and optics-related risks.
- You will be involved in component testing and system-related activities and will not usually be involved in device-related activities: e.g. we are not in the business of designing lasers or spectrometers, but in using or specifying those devices to appropriate manufacturers to meet a need within the instruments we design.