General Manger - Biotech R&D
San Jose, CA 95119
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Bioengineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Optical Engineering
- 15+ years of experience in R&D product development in the Life Science, Biotech arena (instrument development)
- Demonstrated engineering leadership experience – managed a cross functional product development group consisting of Optical, Mechanical, Electrical, Software Engineers, Industrial Designers, R&D Technicians
- Demonstrated experience developing numerous instruments from concept to production
Customer Facing Qualifications:
- Experience supporting Sales and Marketing teams in presenting to prospects/potential customers
- Demonstrated experience working with customers to develop their requirements into engineering specifications, scope of work, deliverables, milestones, schedules
- Experience in creating project quotations, presenting to customers, negotiation of price and delivery, closing deal
- Experience in managing customers’ expectations throughout the life of the project including scope changes, technical challenges, delays…etc.
- Strong conflict resolutions skills
Business management Qualifications:
- Experience managing the profit and loss of development engineering service organization
- Understands the big picture of deal pipeline, deal in-progress, deal completed in order to manage resource planning
- Firm understanding of project profitability, costs (labor & mtl., NRE...etc.), target margin
- Provide over all leadership in all aspects of product development and customer engagement. Areas of leadership will included technical, customer interface, project quotation and negotiation, conflict resolution, and project delivery
- Support direct reports consisting of Engineering Directors, Sr. Program Managers to engage with potential and current customers to translate their engineering needs into development specifications
- Help manage customer product development programs along side with project teams to ensure all deliverables are met and that projects are completed on time
- Responsible for managing the business unit as a profit and loss center. Use revenue forecasts, project forecast, current and historical financial reports to make sound business decisions to meet profitability goals.
- Manage and make personnel, and G&A decisions to ensure alignment with profitability goals and current and projected business level.