Fremont, CA 94538
- BSME, MSME
- Industry experience with optical communications components, equipment (fiber optics, opto-mechanical, lasers...etc.)
- SolidWorks 2017
- Experience using FEA methods to validate designs (Ansys, Icepak)
- Experience in designing electro-optical, opto-mechanical components such as diodes, lasers, lens mounts...etc.
- Experience designing high precision alignment and mounting fixtures for optical components
- Strong familiarity with precision machining, CNC mill/lathe, EDM processes
- General familiarity with sheet metal fabrication process, stamping, laser cut
- General familiarity with injection molding and casting
- Experience in design for manufacturability (DFN, DFA, DOE)
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in Madarin a plus
- Support new product development - Develop specifications/generate concepts, detail design, anlysis, DVT, release to Mfg.
- Support a wide variety of mechanical design needs including optical and electro-mechanical components and systems, line cards, chassis...etc.
- Perform FEA simulation to verify thermal, stress, vibration, shock, environmental, reliability - meet product and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for all documentation and release to Mfg.