Automation Technician - 1st shift
Waukesha, WI 53188 US
- Associate Degree or equivalent military or formal training in Industrial Automation Technology, Electrical/Mechanical or Electronics.
- Preferred Associates in Automation Technology
- Exposure to machine troubleshooting, process control, CAD
- Ability to use hand tools proficiently.
- Utilize strong automation background and problem solving skills to debug existing and new equipment.
- Troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, automation, software and hydraulic systems
- Experience preferred using PLC's (Allen Bradley)
- Experience with pneumatics
- Assist in identifying spare parts or repair parts needed for the assembly lines and creating purchase requisitions for ordering them.
- Responsible for supporting equipment/processes, supporting, and resolving equipment performance issues
- Work closely with the Manufacturing Engineers to provide feedback on design ideas and solutions for permanent corrective actions for line issues.
- Determine root cause of equipment problems and improve process performance
- Minimize Machine Downtime and Maximize Parts per Hour on the Line
- Collaborate with Engineers to Implement Improvement Ideas for Better Line Performance
- Facilitate Tool and Fixture Purchases