Sunnyvale, CA 94086
- AA/BS degree or equivalent. 5+ years of relevant work experience in a production machining environment. Journeyman Machinist is preferred.
- Direct experience in CNC programming for multi-axis vertical and horizontal machining (mills, lathes). 5-axis programming experience preferred.
- Must have experience using Mastercam X9 (G-code, Geopath, Gibbscam or other CAM software helpful).
- Direct experience programming multi-axis CNC mills and lathes (5-axis preferred).
- Experience setting up for advanced milling equipment.
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand CAD drawings.
- Deep experience using Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Experience creating and/or editing 3DCAM files.
- Experience with general shop tools, manual tools, fixtures…etc.
- CNC Programmer will have the responsibility for developing part process, CNC Horizontal programs and setting up of advanced milling equipment.
- Analyze job orders, drawings, blueprints, specifications, design data in order to calculate part dimension compatibility with machines, tool selection, machine speeds and feed rates.
- Observe machine trial runs or conduct computer simulations to ensure that programs and machinery will function properly and produce items that meet specifications.
- Observe machine trial runs or conduct computer simulations to ensure that programs and machinery will function properly and produce items that meet specifications. Verify CNC code to engineering models to insure accuracy.
- Practice safe and accurate application of cutting tools, adhering to correct parameters and general machine shop practices.
- Write, store, and modify original and/or existing CNC Horizontal programs to enhance efficiency. Store, retrieve, and transfer CNC data as required.