SoloPoint Solutions, Inc. https://www.solopointsolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/JB-Square-200x200-1.png https://www.solopointsolutions.com https://www.solopointsolutions.com USD 45.00 55.00 HOUR true
Facilities Electrical Engineer - Cabling and Infrastructure
Berkeley, CA 94720 US
2023-05-23 2023-07-02 Employment Type: Contract Category: Electrical Engineer Job Number: 9642 Pay Rate: $45.00/hr -55.00/hr
- Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 5 years’ experience in electrical engineering for electronics systems and scientific apparatus or related field in a large facility.
- PE License in Electrical Engineering preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD for electrical facilities schematics
- Electrical engineering experience for industrial facilities, labs, and clean rooms involving substations, generators, load analysis for equipment installation, and electrical distribution for campus-wide facilities
- Industrial power distribution experience designing, commissioning, and maintaining 15KV, 480V, and 208V mission-critical systems, including UPS (uninterrupted power) and standby generators
- Detailed design and documentation experience with NEC code compliance, rack layouts, and cabling plans
- Experience with designing electrical system for buildings or facilities.
- Working knowledge of the NEC code pertaining to AC Distribution and Programmatic equipment installation in an industrial setting
- Experience managing contractor electrical design work.
- Ability to display good engineering judgement when selecting work methods and techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Lead Electrical Cabling and Infrastructure for research facilities upgrade
- Lead the design, installation planning for the AC distribution, cabling distribution and routing planning, rack procurement, for various functional systems.
- Create cable routing plans and tray designs in compliance with NEC regulations
- Oversee contractor design of AC distribution hardware
- Oversee cabling needs are captured and in compliance with NEC
- Provide documentation including drawings, schematics, parts lists, specifications, statements of work, QA documents, Interface documents, and any revisions
- Analyze equipment to establish operating data, conduct operational and experimental testing and evaluate results. Keep all software and documentation up to date.
- Provide cost estimates, manage procurements, and lead installation efforts, system integration and testing for all installation/upgrade projects.
- Select components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability.
- Specify and purchase hardware for related jobs.