Emeryville, CA 94608
- AS or equivalent experience in technical drafting
- Experience with electro-mechanical equipment, biotech instrumentation
- SolidWorks, PDMWorks, EPDM, ISO, ASME Y 14.5 standards, MS Office
- Experience creating documentation for basic electrical systems (block diagrams, cables, simple wiring)
- Strong GD&T experience and application of tolerancing between multicomponent systems.
- Familiar with mechanical fabrication processes, castings, coatings, and materials.
- Experience with electromechanical and fluidics systems a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to function in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Create detailed engineering and production drawings and documentation based on Solidworks CAD models.
- Create electrical schematics and block diagrams. Create drawings for cable assemblies.
- Modify or revise existing design documentation as needed per instructions from engineers
- Coordinate and consult with engineers to design, lay out or detail components and systems and resolve design or other problems
- Review engineering drawings for accuracy and prepare for ECO processing. Apply knowledge of mechanical fabrication processes capabilities to check designs for tolerances and specifications
- Ability to design simple mechanical fixtures considered a plus
- Temporary assignments or projects in other functional areas as needed