Union City, CA 94587 US
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering – 8 years’ experience in product development
- Fluency with SolidWorks CAD, FEA software such as SolidWorks Simulation or similar packages, hand calculation of stress loads
- Strong experience in design of electro-mechanical systems for capital equipment
- Experience in design of mechanisms, cams, linkages, actuators, motor selection, gearbox design, drivetrain integration, coupling, bearings, sensor integration, E/M packaging, tools & fixtures design
- Familiarity with structural design of frames, chassis
- Familiarity with quality processes, CFR 21 Part 820
- Ability to use hand tools, manual machine tools for prototyping
- Work independently or within cross-functional development teams to design, develop, and test products that meet system specifications.
- Participate with New Product Introduction (NPI) to assure product designs are optimized for manufacturing.
- Evaluate field input from Service and Marketing regarding product performance.
- Maintain a continuing liaison relationship with Manufacturing and Marketing functions to meet and improve product needs.
- Continually contribute to product improvement and cost reduction.
- Participate in vendor selection, sustaining engineering, QC inspection, and material review board activities.
- Assist other engineers and designers with technical input and lead projects as necessary.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Understand, follow and support Mizuho OSI’s internal Quality System policies, procedures, and work instructions including but not limited to applicable external regulations