Berkeley, CA 94720
As the Mechanical Planner, you will interface between personnel requesting work and personnel performing the work. You will organize and assess maintenance and construction activities, ensure appropriate work controls are established and apply professional, established standards.
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
- Broadly applies principles and technical concepts to identify, link, and meet customer and project requirements and Facility infrastructure maintenance needs.
- Identify, define and plan for appropriate lead craft needed for task/project based on customer requirements.
- Lead the planning of work tasks that may involve extensive and complex preparations for streamlined and safe execution of work.
- Independently manage plans/projects for the Work Planning and Control Group.
- Interface with LBNL personnel, contractors and/or vendors to fulfill customer requirements
- Develop a complete work package, including:
- Participate in planning and prioritizing work activities.
- Identify hazards involved in the work being planned, and ensure that work controls are in place before work is approved.
- Conduct walk-through assessments related to identifying and understanding the project, schedules, hazards, resources needed, sequence of operations, constraints, etc.
- Ensure that work packages are complete, reviewing with maintenance management as appropriate.
- Use MAXIMO and/or other proprietary maintenance management programs
- Seek feedback to improve processes, procedures, and protocols.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Business Management, or 2 -4 years of work experience with maintenance estimating, planning, and scheduling in a complex industrial plant or laboratory facility with multiple buildings.
- Direct Department of Energy (DOE)maintenance planning experience strongly preferred.
- Experience developing job safety analyses.
- Experience and hands-on knowledge of journeyman-level mechanical work.
- Ability to effectively plan and create a valid activity plan.
- Experience in making decisions based on stated organizational goals and objectives.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems meeting a management goal.
- Experience in applying planning principles to the design and planning of tasks or projects.
- Experience in developing and evaluating procedures, analyzing work requirements, and developing effective and collaborative solutions applying advanced technological skills and knowledge
- Experience and knowledge to generate time-based plans.
- Ability to write or interpret the specifications of equipment and customer requirements.
- Proven leadership and demonstrated experience in collaborating with a diverse team, and coordinating assignments as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, goals, and objectives.
- Demonstrated success in the implementation of workplans, strategies, and directives in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
- Strong communication, writing, and document development skills.
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution, and customer service skills.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues from a variety of expertise, diversity and experience.
- Broad knowledge of best business practices and industry and regulatory standards (federal, state, and local).
- General knowledge of building systems, i.e., electrical, plumbing, HVAC, life safety, construction, etc.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Business Management and budget management experience in a multi-project environment; or 5+ years of work experience with maintenance estimating, planning and scheduling in a complex industrial plant or laboratory facility with multiple buildings.
- Experience with a maintenance management system such as MAXIMO or other system.
- Supply chain knowledge such as APICS or other.