San Leandro, CA 94577
- Associate's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Technical Trade degree
- SolidWorks, TMA Certification
- Experience working as a tool-maker, mold-maker in an injection molding manufacturing environment
- Experience designing high-quality injection molds from complex parts
- Ability to perform multiple functions - EDM, Jig Gridning, Lathes, Mills, Grinders, etc.
- Ability to suggest modifications in part design to optimize injection molding in order to reduce part cost, reduce scraps, and enhance yield
- Familiarity with various plastic materials commonly used in injection molding or other high-volume plastic manufacturing processes
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a cGMP or GMP environment desirable
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs to plastic injection molds.
- Modify and repair molds, jigs and fixtures where accuracy requires maintenance of extremely close tolerances.
- Ability to read prints, drawings;
- Follow instructions and requirements.
- Experience in using CAD programs to plan the molds that must be constructed.
- Set-up equipment and ensure each piece of equipment is appropriate for the intended mold design.
- Diagnose problems and determine corrective actions on injection molds.
- Ability to grind complex forms to very close tolerances.
- Ability to complete jobs quickly and efficiently with minimal errors.
- Maintain safe work area in neat and orderly manner.
- Accurately document work performed.