San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
Reputation & superior quality are the foundations of this global organization. An established OEM that is a worldwide supplier of plumbing products.
- Bachelor's Science, Mechanical Engineering
- 3-5+ years of demonstrated “hands-on” product design and testing with Consumer products and high volume plastic injection molding
- Experience with generating creative ideas for new products and/or improvements to current products & working from formal market requirements
- Pro-Engineer (CREO), Windchill
- FEA, CFD, GD&T
- DFMEA & PFMEA, SPC & APQP
- Broad root cause and problem solving methodologies
- Product design, testing, analysis and conformance to specifications throughout the product life cycle.
- Tollgate new product development processes from feasibility and concept to pilot run to production implementation.
- Prior Continuous improvement or quality enhancement project experience solving customer or production needs and cost reduction efforts.
- Ensure all products can be manufactured and marketed to the highest standards
- Responsible for engineering support of select revenue products through continuous improvement or quality enhancement projects, solving customer related or production needs and cost reduction efforts.
- Generates creative ideas for new products and/or improvements to current products.
- Supports cross-functional design reviews to ensure the design meets the customer requirement while being manufacturable and cost effective.
- Supports Senior Project Engineers, Product Management and Quality with new product development, revenue product needs and competitive product testing and evaluation.
- Accountable for the technical accuracy and quality of work, including but not limited to product design, stress analysis, computational fluid dynamics and mold flow calculations, failure mode and effect analysis, tolerance studies, part and material metrology, assembly accuracy and system function to specification.
- Initiates activities required for product certification by industry code agencies.
- Prepares complex design layouts and/or sketches for new product designs and design improvements to existing product lines.
- Analyzes first article data and provides corrective actions.
- Executes the necessary test plans and results to validate all product design specifications.
- Technically supports consumer field testing for verification of product quality and user acceptance.
- Ensures projects are completed on time, within budget, and customers (i.e., sales, marketing, and management) are delighted with the outcome.