Product Safety Engineer
San Jose, CA 95134
• BS in Engineering
• 5+ years Product Safety experience
• Proficient in safety requirements, industry standards and test equipment
• Design experience in safety, EMC and product certification is preferred
• Work experience with UL, ETL, TUV, CSA, IEEE, and IEC requirements
• Experience qualifying Analytical Instruments to UL 61010-1 preferred
• Ensure product compliance with international regulations
• Track EU Regulatory Compliance and Product Safety updates including Brexit
• Product testing and safety agency testing (NRTL, FCC, CE, etc)
• Evaluate and analyze 3rd party lab test reports
• Assist in development and improvement of test methodologies, reporting, and coordination.
• Ensure product and company compliance standards and directives (CE, TUV, IEC, CSA, IEEE, EN61010, etc.)
• Keep current with changing global safety regulations and standards and communicate proposed & impending changes to ensure business continuity and compliance is maintained.
• Work with Analytical Instruments and OEM products
• Risk Assessment activities such as Hazard Analysis and FMEA’s.