Project Manager - NPI/Operations
San Francisco, CA 94107 US
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, MS, MBA
- Experience in NPI (10+ years), Operations, Supply Chain management, Program Management for mid/high volume manufacturing of industrial or electronics equipment
- The ability to think strategically with confidence and speed in execution.
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise, and problem solve.
- Strong background in product launch environments, with extensive experience bringing new products from concept to first customer shipment.
- Deep breadth of experience working with contract manufactures and component suppliers ranging from finished goods assemblies to mechanical and electrical components.
- Demonstrated strong communication, excellent analytical, negotiation, and organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies.
- Ensure the successful management and coordination of NPI activities across all functional groups including design engineering, supply chain operations, hardware quality, product teams, and other core operations functions.
- Work with Finance to develop, monitor, and meet cost targets according to the NPI project plan. Support detailed communication and explanation to senior executives on high dollar project expenses.
- Oversee all NPI build activity through the course of product development (to include locations, quantities, dates, costs, quality requirements, clear-to-build). Identifying, analyzing, and then responding to any risks that arise. Implementing systems to manage key elements of build planning and tracking.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with global supply chain partners through the NPI phase to ensure supply continuity, material readiness, and overall supplier performance (to include leading engagements, negotiations, and kicking off supply agreements). Drive routine communications with contract manufactures and appropriate cross-functional teams through the NPI phase.
- Coordinate the resolution of technical issues in NPI production with appropriate cross functional teams (Engineering, hardware quality, manufacturing test, suppliers and contract manufacturing partners).
- Manage manufacturing engineering activities specific to DFx, part number creation and BOM structuring, manufacturing line development and optimization, production line transfers and bring up, and engineering change management.
- Own product lifecycle management (PLM) process working with tools like Arena. Collaborate to drive and implement a company wide document control system.
- Help counterparts in driving quality improvements in the product and with CM’s and suppliers