Sr. Engineering Technician
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051 US
- Associate degree or higher in a STEM field strongly preferred.
- 5+ years relevant experience in plastics process engineering support or manufacturing.
- Extrusion and Thermoforming of thin-gauge Polypropylene, PET, HIPS, PLA, and other biopolymers preferred.
- Experience working hand-in-hand with production personnel and directly working hands-on with plastics processing equipment.
- Ability to manage projects
- Solidworks shop, 3D modeling would be a plus. Or use of AutoCAD.
- Use of office, hand and electrical tools or equipment
- Support large capital projects for the startup new plastics processing equipment and tooling within manufacturing locations.
- Support the implementation of changes to existing plastics processes designed to improve product quality, productivity, and overall equipment efficiency.
- Provide critical support for continuous improvement efforts to improve quality, productivity, and cost reduction.
- Support the standardization, training, and SOP for plastic equipment.
- Support New Product Development plastics efforts from pilot trials through commercialization.
- Support production facility efforts to develop and implement universal standards and best practices.
- Deliver results within the prescribed development and engineering budgets, scopes, and timelines and GPI safety guidelines.
- Facilitate, encourage, promote, and engage in teamwork activities.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Must have demonstrated methodical root cause focused problem-solving abilities.
- Must have demonstrated oral and written communication and organizational skills.