System Firmware Test Engineer
Lake Forest, CA 92609
- MS degree in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in testing ARM based embedded systems.
- Experience with ARM Cortex M series and various development tools such as IAR J-Link, GCC and ARM Keil.
- Ability to develop software in C, C++ and python.
- Experience developing automatic test systems with USB, Ethernet, GPIB, RS-232 with common test and measurement equipments (HP/Agilent)
- Experience with LabView software
- Document and maintain software functionality using source control tools
- Demonstrated experience in new product development
- Demonstrated experience with debug of active product issues and root cause analysis providing solutions and workarounds for customers.
* Responsible for testing and validating Firmware packages in application/mission mode.
* Develop Test plans, test set-ups and automated testing based on product requirements. In particular, a strong knowledge of USB based systems is a plus for this position.
* Collaborate with design, ATE and application engineers to develop new more efficient test method.
* Prepare indie product for compliance and interoperability testing (USB, BLE, Wifi)
* System test may include pre-silicon platform (FPGAs) so some knowledge how to configure and program FPGAs may be an added value.
* Support customer request to validate and/or correlate issues seen in the field.
* Support on production milestones, demos and performance evaluation.
* Perform tasks including on site debug, bring-up, demo and production firmware test.
* The position reports to the project lead from a technical perspective and engineering management for daily work assignments.Responsibilities